Tuesday, 17 April 2012
Business Object Specialist Job opening Location Vacaville, CA
AurionPro Solutions Leading Global IT Consulting Services.
We’ve Urgent requirement with one of our client for Business Object Specialist Job opening Location Vacaville, CA
Position Title: Business Object Specialist
Location : Vacaville, CA
Duration : 6 months
The consultant resource shall support the State Fund enterprise architecture team. The consultant will provide professional services to support the long term IT strategy and planning to include high level analysis, professional reports and presentations, mentoring, support and training.
The scope of duties for the Business Intelligence Lead Consultant Resource includes but is not limited to the following:
· Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals. Optimization of information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
· Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
· Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
· Work with solutions architect to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
· Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
· Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
· State Fund, at their discretion, can utilize Consultant resource in any capacity to meet the needs of State Fund. Consultant resources may be assigned by State Fund to lead teams, work independently, work on teams lead by State Fund, Consultant resources or, teams lead by other consulting firms.
Tasks: Consultant resources will perform professional software development and maintenance functions to include, but not be limited to any combination of the following:
· Review current state activities to include the review of the goals and objectives of the Information Management group within State Fund, the oversight responsibilities, and strategic involvement recommendations.
· Review of existing reporting and analytics tools for potential reduction in technology footprint Design, development, and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) systems based on Business Objects and TIBCO Spotfire Assist with data modeling (both normalized and dimensional), complex data analysis, data aggregation, data cleansing, and other advanced data staging techniques (using ETL and ESB tools) and data presentation methods (of conformed dimensions and facts) for serving various analytical and reporting applications.
· Work on capacity planning and database sizing for various business scenarios Designing IM solutions for optimal reporting and analytical performance, tuning of queries and other non-functional aspects of availability, reliability and security of DB2 and/or Oracle Database Platforms.
· Help develop an enterprise-wide Business Intelligence architecture strategy to enable stakeholders to gain trusted visibility into their current as well as historical business performances and to make strategic, tactical and operational decisions through business intelligence applications such as reports, scorecards, analytics and dashboards.
· Implement a methodology and governance practices to execute Business Intelligence strategy successfully by aligning the actual business intelligence needs of the enterprise with its people, information, technology and vendor platforms.
· Collect and capture 'as-is' data sources and data flows across existing data management systems, identify short-term as well as long-term business needs through stakeholder interviews, perform gap analysis to meet the desired 'to-be' state and provide a detailed roadmap of data sources, data flows and business intelligence applications by prioritizing the competing business needs of various stakeholders across the enterprise.
· Work with various application development teams to provide data integration architecture services and data modeling services
The Monthly Status report will include, but limited to the following information to identify significant accomplishments, milestones, identified risks or problems, and resolutions completed or in progress:
· Activities performed during the current reporting priod Activities planned for the next reporting period
· Project change control summary
· Problems, concerns, recommendations, resolutions
· Other items of importance
Consultant shall ensure that all resources assigned to the project have the education, training and experience necessary to render the services in a competent and efficient manner.
Technical Knowledge & Experience Level The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following technical skills and experience:
· Extensive experience with the design, hands-on development, maintenance and other lifecycle phases of enterprise level Business Intelligence reporting.
· Extensive experience in developing web-based analytical applications involving report authoring, data visualization and executive dashboard components using TIBCO Spotfire.
· Experience of linking and connecting business information from multiple data sources including flat files, spreadsheets, normalized databases and dimensional data marts.
· Combined experience of advanced SQL and stored procedures with a familiarity of data analysis techniques such as correlations, time series and other advanced statistical functions, with a good understanding of data warehousing and data mart basics.
· Strong technical, hands-on skills in data modeling, complex data analysis, data aggregation, cleansing, and other advanced data staging techniques (using ETL and ESB tools) and data presentation methods (of conformed dimensions and facts) for serving various analytical and reporting applications.
· Extensive hands on experience in Business Objects and TIBCO Spotfire
· Strong analytical and visualization skills for providing effective reports to senior management
· Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Master Data Management (MDM) and Integrated Transactional Data systems (such as ODS).
· Good experience in creating an extensible conceptual, logical and physical data models with a full lifecycle management of capturing, versioning and migrating various metadata across environments using ERWIN and/or ER/Studio Platforms.
· Extensive experience in reverse engineering the existing systems and analyzing the data to extract hidden business semantics and structures.
· Combined experience of advanced SQL and stored procedures with hands-on experience in designing solutions for optimal transactional as well as analytical performance in DB2 and/or Oracle Database Platforms. Insurance industry experience is a plus.
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following qualifications:
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information identify and formulate solutions to problems.
· Provides more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
·Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
· Plan and manage all aspects of the support function.
· Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
·Strong knowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
·Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
·Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
· Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with person to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
·Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
·Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
·Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
·Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
·Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
· Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
·Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
·Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
Core Competencies The Consultant resource(s) shall provide the following prerequisite core competencies:
Acts with integrity; Uses sound judgment; Commits to quality; Demonstrates adaptability; Innovates; Thinks strategically; Ability to communicate effectively and influence others; and Works well both independently and as part of a team.
Sr. Talent Acquisition
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 732 909 2221
IM Yahoo: eAcquisition
Google IM: eAcquisition1
AurionPro Solutions, Inc.
379 Thornall Street
2nd Floor Edison NJ 08837